Monday, November 15, 2010

Invites......CHECK!

The boys' birthday party invitations are finally all done....YAY!!!!!!!! They turned out super cute, thanks to Joe and his super photo shop skills:) Ryan tells me I go overboard with everything but I just want it all to be perfect. The custom Cars stamps has to match the return address labels. My kids deserve the BEST and I will always try my best to give them the best.
Now time to get organized and plan out all the other details for the party.... less than 3 weeks away!

I finished the invites mid-morning and was able to think about cooking a yummy dinner. I made Grandma Mink's chicken and rice. I am not sure if she made this up herself or got it from Campbell's or Lipton. It's really easy and a great meal for the fall/winter months.
Here's the recipe...give it a try.

1 1/2 cups of rice
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom
2 cans of water
1 package Lipton onion mix
Mix all together in a 9x13 pan
2 or 4 chicken breast on top-season with salt and pepper.
Bake 350 for about 2 hours.
Just a little tip....sometimes you will need to add more water as it cooks so you don't end up with hard crunchy rice. Sometimes I add broccoli and/or cauliflower.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)