Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Apple Hill.

Every year about this time we take a trip to Apple Hill, so a couple weeks ago we took the short hour drive with some friends. We have been going with the same friends for I think 4 or 5 years now. Apple Hill is a little community in the mountains full of Apple Orchards. There are lots of different things to do and eat. I am not sure exactly how many stops there are along the way. We only go to two. The first stop is always to the big one, High Hill Ranch,  they have a pond, pony rides, hay rides, craft vendors, and lots of sweet treats to eat. And they have the best Apple Fritters. I did a real crappy job of taking pictures. Just got pictures of the boys, no extras....sorry folks.


 The boys and Ryan trying to feed the ducks. I guess they didn't like bread or they were full because they weren't eating.

 Cameron had to wear this hat. It's been awhile since he has worn it and once he put it on we realized its getting a little small.



 Easton getting excited about something.

 Waiting in line to ride the pony. Oh the poor ponies:( They just go in circles all day long.

He wasn't too sure about it at first.  

 Easton's ride got cut a little short and we received a refund. After a couple laps he wanted out but before that he was smiling and laughing, he just can't sit still for longer than a minute. Maybe next year dude.






 YUM......caramel apples.

 So happy to be finally running around like a crazy animal. This was our next stop.  It's a brewery. Of course we come here for the beer but we also pack a picnic. They have lots of room for the kids to run around. This year it was really cold and windy and it even started sprinkling a couple times. Oh and of course I was not able to drink beer this year. It seems I have a pattern going. Every other year I get left out of the beer tasting. I can assure you this will be last year that happens:)





 Cameron having a conversation with Jerry, so serious.



 Easton made a friend.

And a family picture. As you can see it was windy, my hair is all over the place.


The best caramel I have ever tasted......so good. 

The huge box of apples we brought home with us. I will be making some apple pies tomorrow with these. 


5 comments:

  1. OMG that caramel apples - look amazing I want some! I have been there before but I have not been in a long long time. Might have to make the trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really looks fun there!
    I wish I can go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a fun family day! And caramel apples, YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an absolute blast!! Great pictures and a seriously cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet family day!! You have a beautiful family!

    Between your last post I just read and now this one, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pig out. And it's almost 10! Hahaha. I'm a late eater! That caramel...woah!
    Xoxoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)