Friday, February 10, 2012

What's for Dinner?

The other night for dinner I needed something easy and something new to cook for dinner. I was at the grocery store getting some food to stock up the new place and came across this...............


So I thought I would give it a try. And to my surprise it was pretty good and even Ryan liked it. The kids not so much but that doesn't surprise me. They are so picky these days.
I think there are 3 different types of cooking creme, I will for sure be trying out the others. I don't know why I hadn't noticed these sooner. I am always getting cream cheese and they are right next to eachother.


Chicken Primavera with Pasta

1.5 lb boneless chicken breasts
1 package {16oz} frozen stir-fry vegetables {broccoli, carrots, red peppers, snow peas}
1 tub {15 oz} Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb  Cooking Creme
4 cups of cooked fettuccine


I had just went to Costco and just bought a huge bag of broccoli, so instead of using frozen veggies I used fresh. I just steamed the broccoli and added it at the very end. I cooked the red peppers and onions {of course I add onions to everything} with the chicken but waited until chicken was just about done.




Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet on medium heat, about 10 minutes.


Then add your veggies and cook another 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Next add your cooking creme, cook and stir 3-4 minutes, then add your pasta {and broccoli if using the steamed fresh stuff}



It made so much we had leftovers last night. I reheated it on the stove top, added a little water until heated through, then added some more cooking creme because the pasta was a little dry. It tasted just as good.
Thank goodness for my iPhone. I haven't downloaded our photos or our photo software on the new computer yet so it was just easier taking these pics with the phone. Hopefully I will get around to downloading our programs on the computer soon. I need to clear off our memory card to the camera.

Give it a try and ENJOY! 





3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm this looks good.........I would try and do it tonight but I am so not in the mood...lol I cook all the time so tonight I am on strke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My Italian family members have been cooking with cream cheese as a major ingredient for as long as I can remember, so it's nice to see that the manufacturers finally realized they had a gold mine on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! This looks awesome! I saw the same thing the other day and wondered if it was any good! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)