Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cabbage Salad and My New Favorite Wine

OK.....here is another super easy and super yummy salad. I love sharing recipes because I know I LOVE to try out new and easy recipes myself. I am always stealing recipes from a good friend of mine because I know when they come from her they will be easy peasy. 


Cabbage Salad
1 head of cabbage
6 green onions
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (get the ones that are already roasted and you can add more or less if you want)
1/2 cup or so of sliced almonds (more or less if you want)
1 package of Top Ramon

Dressing
1cup canola oil
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons sugar
{Mix all together and keep separate until ready to serve}

Chop cabbage and green onions.
Brown almonds and sesame seeds in 2 tablespoons on oil.
Break up the ramon noodles and put all together right before serving.
I usually cook chicken with this salad. I like to chop it up and add to the salad. This is also a great salad for parties and pot lucks, remember to wait and add the dressing just before serving or it will become soggy.



Since your trying out a new salad why not try out a new wine. This is my new favorite wine at the moment. I think I only have like one glass left out of this bottle and probably will be finishing it off tonight;)

2 comments:

  1. Found you on Etsy Bloggers Team. That salad look so delicious to me. I'm the only person in my family who loves cabbage though. Maybe I'll make a big batch for my lunches next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy Jessica...I'll have to try it out. Love the pics of the boys. It's been a while since I've been on your site. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)