Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Colds, Appointments, and Glow Sticks.

For the past couple weeks I have been dealing with a stuffy/runny nose and hacking up the green stuff. Well last week the boys started to get it and now we all have little coughs. Cameron seems to be coughing more and was up at 2:30 this morning coughing. Poor little dude. We have been so lucky with our boys not really getting sick. They get the occasional runny/stuffy nose and a mild fever every once in awhile but nothing too serious. I think I got infected first and passed it on to the boys. I think I probably got it from Wacky Tacky, that place is crawling with germs and especially this time of year. I just hope Ryan stays healthy, we have lots going on the next couple of weeks and cannot afford for him to get sick.

It's so sad and cute. Cameron wakes up in the morning and tells me he is just a little sick. He still doesn't blow his nose very well yet so his poor little lip was getting red and raw from rubbing the snot away. It was getting better and went away but I noticed it reappearing last night.

Yesterday both Boys had their yearly check ups and that means shots. Easton got out of there with only one shot {flu shot} but poor Cameron had to get four shots. My Grandma came with me to help out because Ryan was at work and I could see her face as I was holding Cameron while the nurse shot him up, she was cringing with a "ouch" look on her face. It's always so sad when your babies get shots. Especially when they are old enough to know what is actually going on.

The rest of the day he couldn't do anything because he got shots. He couldn't take off his own shirt, give hugs, pull down his pants to go to the bathroom, and a number of other things as well. I guess his arms were probably sore but he is such a drama queen;)
Both the boys checked out perfect at the their appointments. We will have to go back in a few months because Cameron wouldn't cooperate and take the eye test. He can be very shy and timid sometimes but always warms up after a few minutes. We will take Dad with us next time:) They both are very big for their age and of course Easton is like in the 100 percentile for his weight, he has been since he was born.  He weighed in at 37.5 lbs and he will be turning two on Saturday and Cameron weighed in at 42 lbs.
Then later on last night Easton broke open a glow stick and got some in his eye. Ryan had met up with some friends to watch Monday Night football so I did my very best to rinse out his eye by myself. By this time it was 7 pm so it was bedtime and he was practically falling asleep while I was trying to rinse it out. I know it was burning his eye, poor guy. I felt so bad. The warning on the package said it won't cause eye damage but can cause some discomfort......ya think! Every time he did try to open his eye he would start crying.

I think today I will finally make up some cookie dough so we can make some cookies within the next couple of days. Tomorrow we are going to see Santa, that should be interesting. I am keeping my fingers crossed we don't have a repeat of last year or a repeat of what happened with the Easter Bunny.

And then tonight we finally get a little a break and are going out on a dinner date with some friends. It has been a long time. Ryan informed me the other day that anytime we have to pickup the kids after an outing it's not really a date. I think he really thinks anytime we have to pick them up or come home to them it's not a date at all but I think otherwise. Anytime we get to do something just us and without them I call it a date. Regardless of what tonight is, it will be so nice to go out and have an adult conversation and eat a peaceful meal with some good friends before it gets too crazy from Christmas. It's been awhile since we have gone out with them so it will be nice to catch up and chat.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, hope everyone is back to normal and feeling good again soon! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have fun on your adult dinner party they are much needed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)