Sunday, August 31, 2014

Buffalo Cauliflower

So on my last day of my blog challenge I will be sharing a recipe I found on Pinterest that Ryan and i love. It's a great side dish. I am always looking for new side dish recipes. I was thrilled when we tried this out and it was a keeper. It's great dipped in some ranch....YUMMY!!!

We actually just had this the other night with some grilled chicken and baked potato. 

 This is what it looks like after you coat with the batter. 


 And this is after the first 15 minutes after it hardens.

 Then you coat with your sauce. 

 Then put back in the oven and coat again with the sauce. 



Here is the recipe I got from Persnickety Plates

Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower

For the batter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
dash of Frank's Wing Sauce (or Frank's Original Hot Sauce)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon dried onion - I have used this recipe with and without dried onion and it still taste just as yummy without. 

For the buffalo sauce
1/4 cup Frank's Wing Sauce
3 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
pinch of salt


Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into pieces.
In a medium bowl, mix together the batter ingredients. It will be pretty thick.
Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter until fully and evenly coated. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.


Bake for about 15 minutes until the batter hardens.

In a small bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce ingredients.
Once the cauliflower are done, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. And once again, fully and evenly coat each piece.
Put back into the oven and bake for a few more minutes about 5-7 minutes or until  the sauce has mostly dried and the cauliflower is crispy.
Remove from the oven and cool.


I hope you give this a try. It's a different way to eat cauliflower, much more exciting than the usual steamed cauliflower. I am always looking for new ways to cook our veggies:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)