Friday, March 18, 2011

Sutter Sirlion Chunky Chili

This is an easy and super yummy chili recipe. We had it the other night for dinner. It was a perfect night for it because it was cloudy and rainy. It's been a awhile since I made it. I love making meals that I haven't made in awhile. I got this recipe from a lady I used to work with. We had pot lucks a lot and she made this for one of them, it's a Raleys/Knob Hill recipe. It's super delish!!!! Just to warn you it's a little on the spicy side.



Sutter Sirlion Chunky Chili

1 2lb package of Sutter Sirlion (cut or diced up in cubes)
2 10oz. cans Ro-Tel Milder Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
2 7.75 oz. cans El Pato Tomato Sauce
1 7 oz. can diced green chiles
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 large onion
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. each: ground cumin and oregano leaves
2 15oz. cans  black beans, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except beans, salt and pepper in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered, for 2 hours. Add beans and cook for 15 minutes more.



***This chili is on the spicy side so for a little less heat use diced tomatoes in place of the Ro-Tel tomatoes***


Let me know if you give this recipe a try and how it turns out......ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)