Saturday, January 3, 2015

Friday Rewind {on Saturday}.

So last night I was laying in bed and I couldn't fall asleep. I had already turned off the TV and was just laying there in the dark and I was just thinking of everything and then I realized it was FRIDAY! With the kids being out of school and Ryan's off days all messed up because of the holidays I am all screwed up. Then I realized I didn't do a Friday Rewind post. By that time it was too late to get started plus I was tired just couldn't fall asleep. 

These last 2 weeks with the kids being off of school has been SOOOOOO LONG! Yesterday we did make it out of the house to run some errands before we had to go to my nephews birthday in the late afternoon. And taking the crazies out to run errands made it so clear why I have barely left the house with them since they have been out of school. THEY ARE CRAZY!!!!

Cameron and Easton both had dental appointments earlier in the week and both did so good. Easton had to be held down but whatever that's normal. But Cameron did so good I was proud. And what a relief all is good in their mouths. Cameron doesn't have any new cavities and he only needs to get one taken care of because the other couple he has haven't gotten any bigger and have had no that was so nice to hear. 

The kids got so much crap for Christmas. Lots and lots of new stuff to play with. But I would say the one thing they have been playing the met when we let them are the Kindles Santa brought them. They are going to get a rude awakening when school starts because they will not be allowed to play on them as much. And it's going to be the end of the world. They are so obsessed with the game Minecraft. The one cool thing they figured out is how to enter eachother's world. So they can play and build crap together. This game is getting more and more popular, I really don't see what the big deal is but whatever. I am just glad Christmas and birthdays are with over for now. 


Some sad news to report.....the day after Christmas our family cat Homer passed away.

We noticed something had happened to him and he wasn't himself and could barely walk. Ryan took him to the vet and they said that cats his age don't really respond well to treatment and if they do at first more than likely a week or so later he will be right back to how he was. So we decided it was time to put him down:( Animals are just like us in the that they can get sick without any symptoms or notice. He was fine on Christmas Eve and slept with Easton all night then on Christmas we were pretty much gone all day and got home late and the kiddos went straight to bed so we didn't notice him until the next morning. 
It's hard trying to explain to the kids. Easton had really gotten attached to him over the past 6-9 months. Homer would sleep with him every night and the nights he didn't fall asleep with him he would jump at the door handle in the middle of the night to be let in. He was such a good cat. He loved to be loved and loved to snuggle with you. I know the kids really miss him.  
We got Homer when we lived in Dubuque, Iowa where Ryan was going to college. He was the runt of the litter weighing just 1.4 pounds, tiny little dude but he grew up to be the fattest cat.



1 comment:

  1. Aww sorry to hear about Homer. Cynth told me the other day. :(


Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you's always appreciated;)