Monday, November 29, 2010

Pie Day Update


We had a busy weekend so I am just now getting around to posting some pictures and recipes from Pie Day. I won't post the Apple Pie recipe since most people have their recipes for that, it's pretty easy to make and almost always turns out good. The cake that I made is my Grandmother's recipe....Better Than Sex Cake, I have also seen it has Better Than Almost Anything Cake. Both the pie and cake turned out great.


Apple Pie....it may look a little funny but it tasted great!

My cook book 


This is the Apple Pie recipe, I just love this cook book.


Better Than Sex Cake

Ingredients:
1 box of german chocolate cake mix
14 oz. can Eagle sweetened condensed milk
14 oz. bag Kraft caramels (these are hard to find. This year I used an 11 oz. bag of melting caramels and they worked just fine. Anywhere between 10-14 oz of caramels should work fine)
3/4 cup butter
1 cup walnuts
12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350


Better Than Sex Cake

Directions:
Make cake mix according to directions on box.
Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper. It doesn't have to be perfect. Usually one long piece will work, just makes it easier to remove when all done cooking.
Pour half cake batter into pan and bake at 350.
Melt caramel w/milk and butter.
After cake cools pour caramel mixture on top of cake then add the nuts and chocolate chips then pour remaining cake batter on top, bake for about 20 minutes.

Cut into small or large squares to serve.


The best part of Pie Day this year was I got my very own apron. Everyone who participates on Pie Day always gets an apron made by Miss Vicky. They are the best aprons. She does an amazing job. I was so excited, it made my day, heck it made my week!  Thank you so much Vicky....I love my apron!!!!!
Pie Day was so much fun. It's always great to visit with good friends around the holidays and see some friends that you don't get to see often**wink, wink Misty**
Thanks to Cynthia's BF Joe I was able to bake my pie and cake. Joe was on baby patrol most of the time so without him I probably would have only ended up baking a pie, so Thank you Joe:)


All the girls with their aprons
Dawn, Misty, Me (Jessica), Vicky, Rebecca, and Cynthia

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know we did.

p.s.....it took me forever to write this post. I have a crazy toddler who does not share with his little brother.



Rebecca and Easton





2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I made the blog twice! Your cake looks SO good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following the blog:) oh and the cake is good, you should make it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)