Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Magic Reindeer Dust

This is something I received from my friend Rosalie last year. She is super crafty and super sweet. We didn't do anything with it last year because Cameron had no idea what Christmas was all about and who Santa was...oh and also I had just given birth to our sweet baby boy and wasn't around Christmas Eve:) This year I still don't think he really understands the whole concept but we are slowly getting there.



All you need are oats, gold glitter, a cellophane bag, and paper. Mix the oats and glitter and put in a little cellophane bag. You can either handwrite the message or print it on the computer, then fold the bag closed and staple the message to bag. The message reads:

Come December 24th, as
Santa flies here from the
North, here's what you do.
It isn't hard...just sprinkle
this stuff in your yard. The
sparkles draw Santa near
and oats attract his eight
reindeer. Then just you wait...
they're on their way.



I think we will try and sprinkle some dust for Santa and his Reindeer this year. This is something fun for the kids to do on Christmas Eve to prepare for Santa:)

3 comments:

  1. we used to do this when I was little! I am at my parents' house for xmas this year & I think I may put out some cookies for santa :) We used to put out a carrot for rudolf as well.

    I'll see if my brother & sister want to wait up all night as well :) lol

    popping by from an etsy forum blog thread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a cute idea!!! I miss putting out cookies for santa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica...Donna told me you posted this and I hadn't checked it in the last week or two. Crazy time of year. I had it on my "to do" list for Christmas but have been behind...as usual! I just love your blog. You will have to teach me how to do this when we both have some free time. What a neat way to stay in touch with friends and family. Merry Christmas with a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)