Saturday, July 9, 2011

Busy Week Ahead.

This Next week or so is going to be super busy for us. For those of you who do not know my husband is a baseball coach. During the school year he is an assistant on the Varsity team and during the summer he is an assistant on a summer ball team {American Legion}. 


Their playoff tournament started Thursday night, we won that game and last nights game and play again at 7pm tonight. Also for those of you who do not know my husband wakes up at 3 am for work. By the time we got home Thursday night it was 10:45pm and last nights game was like the longest freaking game ever......almost 4 hours long! We didn't get home until midnight. My poor husband only got 3 hours sleep last night. Saturdays are his longest days at work so he will be lucky if he gets a nap in today before we have to leave. The only good part is he starts his vacation tomorrow so he will be able to catch up on some sleep eventually. 


So if their team wins tonight and tomorrow on Tuesday we will be headed out to Eureka, CA which is approximately a 5 hour drive from us up on the northern coast. And if they lose {which means baseball is over} we will be headed to Mendocino, also on the northern coast for a little getaway without the boys. So either way we will be leaving town and not knowing exactly what the plans are is driving me crazy. I either have to pack up for all of us and be prepared to stay in Eureka for up to 6 days or get ready things ready for us to leave and things settled at home to leave the boys with my mom. 


So much to do and think about.......Oh and in the middle of this all my mother-in-law is getting married Sunday! It makes for a very busy hectic weekend. So tomorrow we might be going to a game in the morning then a wedding in the evening. Which I still have to buy a wedding gift{I know she reads my blog so I can't mention any ideas I might have, well I only have one....lol} but doubt she will have time to read it between now and tomorrow.


As much as I want the team to win and advance to the next round of playoffs, I would also love a break with just Ryan and I. I love being able to stay at home with the boys and wouldn't have it any other way but we need to time to be husband and wife without being mom and dad too. If we are not able to getaway without them there is always labor day weekend. One of only like 4 weekends Ryan will get 2 days off in a row.



Playing in the dirt kept them occupied for about 15 minutes or so. 






And eating some nachos kept them busy for another 15 minutes and then cleaning Easton up took another 10. Anything to pass the time. We were there for like 5 hours, so that means I had to chase them around for.....YES........5 hours! 


Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know we will;)

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. My little guy just finished up all stars. We almost spent this weekend in smoggy yucky Los Angeles and instead get to hang out at home. Ahhhh...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)