Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Chops.

Don't you just love crock pot meals?! For this recipe you have to do a couple extra steps, you just don't throw it in there but it's still easy and of course super good. I love cooking in the crock pot because the meat always comes out so tender and juicy. This recipe I got from a scrapbooking buddy and I am so glad she shared it.

Ingredients:

6 pork chops
Garlic powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 large onion sliced
2 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cups boiling water
2 Tbsp flour
1 8 oz container of sour cream

Season the pork chops with salt,{You also get a lot of salt from the bouillon cubes so be careful you don't want it too salty} pepper, and garlic powder and then dredge in 1/2 flour. In a skillet over medium heat lightly brown the pork chops in a small amount of oil. Place chops in the crock pot and top with onion slices. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. After the pork chops have cooked carefully transfer to the oven to keep warm {they will be so tender they will fall apart}. In a small bowl combine flour and sour cream and mix into meat juices. Turn crock pot to high for 15-30 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Serve sauce over pork chops with rice or egg noodles.

I usually add an extra bouillon cube and an extra cup of water as it doesn't make enough sauce for us. Then I will add an extra tbsp of flour and a couple extra big scoops of sour cream. I have also tried this with chicken and it taste just as good.



Yes....those are paper plates you see!!! Don't judge me. We eat off paper plates probably 90% of the time. I do not need any more dishes to wash and take up room in the dishwasher.


On a side note.....as you can tell Wednesday's Wine will have to be put on hold for a few months. I do miss my wine, especially when those boys of mine are driving me nuts, but it's only for a little bit and in the end I will have a sweet new baby. I already have some bottles waiting for me to open....hehehe.

Ok now I am off to finish getting ready and then head to store to pick up a couple things for a dip I am making to take to pie day.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious!!
    I don't have a crock pot but I wanted to get it for a while..
    Maybe next year....

    Don't worry, we use paper plate in our house too, and it's exactly same one you have here....hehehe

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Your and my babies in tummies will be happy with all the yummy thanksgiving meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love my crockpot so I should probably try this recipe. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)