Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tator Tot Casserole.

I found this great new recipe from Pinterest....who doesn't love Pinterest?! This might not be a new recipe to some of you but to me it was new and I had to try it. It's super easy and I am all about an easy meal:)

This recipe is from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary, click here to view the orginal recipe.




 


1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 chopped medium onion
3 chopped cloves garlic
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 bag (30 oz) frozen tater tots

You can either let the tator tots sit out for a little bit before you cook the cassorole or put them in frozen. I always forget to let mine sit out so I haven't tried it that way yet.

In a large skillet cook the onion until translucent and then add and cook garlic for a couple minutes. Add and cook beef, drain and set aside.

In a small bowl combine the soup, milk and sour cream. Mix until smooth, Add to hamburger mixture and stir. Add corn and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix together.

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the tator tots on the bottom, pour the hamburger mixture over top and then layer with the rest of tator tots. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.


We just had this the other night for dinner. I have made this several times since first discovering the recipe a couple months ago:) Give it a try and ENJOY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just made a very similar tater tot casserole off of pinterest! Maybe it was the same one. It was amazing! W?ho knew you could make frozen tater tots taste so good? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this looks awesome!! I haven't eaten breakfast yet, and now I want this! :) thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!
    Hope you and your boys are enjoying the weekend. Thinking of you!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)