Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Granola Bites.

Okay so we {Ryan and I} have been trying to eat a little healthier. Slowly working in new things and trying different recipes. After one failed attempt to make some granola Cynthia sent me this recipe for no bake energy bites. I was trying to find a nice little snack for Ryan to take in his lunch.  I was a little afraid he wouldn't like them but to my surprise he LOVES them. It's just too bad the kids don't like them...they won't even try them. 
I think Cynthia got this recipe from Pinterest but I do not have the link. She sent it to me via a picture so that's all I have to go by:)

 Granola Bites

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter {or other nut butter}
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 ground flaxseed 
1/2 mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

mix everything in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed in. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled I used a melon ball scooper to make little one inch half circles. I had to press the granola into the scoop but this size was better than rolling into 1 inch balls like the original recipe. They are the perfect size when using melon ball scooper. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to one week. 


 These were the first ones I made that I rolled into balls. 




 There's my little melon scooper:)



Seriously give these a try! You will love them. And your kids will too if they are not super picky like my crazies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)