Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Album

A couple months ago I got together with my scrapbooking girls at our favorite local scrapbook store {one of like two still open in our area}. We have been going there for a few years now. A couple of my friends had taken a class there and made these super cute mini albums. And I thought they would make great a Mother's Day gift for our Moms. 


They are the perfect size for 4x6 pictures, no cropping is needed. So for the past 2 months I have been slowing gathering my supplies. It's always a challenge getting what I need to finish up projects because it's not like I can just run all over town getting what I need in one day, it takes me awhile since I ALWAYS have the boys with me. Anyone with kids knows there is a time limit when your out and about trying to run errands. And plus I had to order a couple things online and then reorder it because it wasn't exactly what I needed. 


I finally just got all my stuff last week and busted my butt for 2 days to finish in time for Mother's Day. I ended up making 5 books total. One for each of our Mother's, one for each of our Grandmother's, and one for our SIL. 




This is the book for our Mothers.

Here is what the inside pages look like.





This is the Grandmother book.


Each page has a pull out insert with a tab for more pictures;) I put pictures of the boys in both the Mom's book and Grandma's book and then pictures of my SIL kids in her book.


Once I get the new Etsy shop up and running I am thinking of adding a book like this.....still working on that.
Hope everyone has a great weekend;)

1 comment:

  1. I luv this....I am a paper crafter and adore all things related, especially shopping....*grin*....visit my blog if you get a chance to see my work...hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)