Thursday, May 19, 2011

30.

When I was 18 I never thought I would ever turn 30, it just seemed so far away and so old. The past 12 years have gone by so fast and now that I have kids the years seem to go by even faster. I knew one day I would turn 30 but I guess I wasn't ready for how fast it would actually happen. I couldn't be happier with my life at 30. I have a wonderful husband and two crazy adorable kids. It just seems surreal to be actually 30. I know 30 is not old so why does it feel so old?! {half way to 60....yikes!}

Yes folks.....today is my birthday!  I have been dreading this birthday since my last birthday, I am no longer in my 20's. I have already started to get a few grays and some chin whiskers, I am sure the wrinkles have already started coming too but I am just in denial.
I am not doing anything exciting today, just another day. The high school baseball team my husband coaches made playoffs and they play tonight, so that's what we will be doing......I know boring.

This weekend Ryan and I are going out with a couple of our friends. I guess we are going out to celebrate the big birthday but really I just needed an excuse to go out and have a little fun.


I woke up to a couple birthday cards sitting by the coffee pot  and a gift certificate for a spa day {Thank you Ryan......very sweet and so thoughtful}.


So what's next?! What happens after you turn 30? Is everything just downhill from here? Is turning 40 even more traumatic than 30?! I am going to try real hard to look at my age as a just a number now and try to make my 30's even better than my 20's, it will be tough.....I got married to the love of my life and had 2 beautiful healthy babies in my 20's {that's going to be hard to beat}.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday!!! Hopefully some time in your 30's you and I will get to throw a wedding shower and a couple baby showers (if you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE BETTER! Hopefully its freaking soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)