Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunday Stew.

The weather here has been kinda weird for the month of May. Every other year or so we have a rainy May. It was cold, windy, and rainy Sunday so I thought it would be the perfect day to cook a pot of beef stew. It might be the last time for awhile since it won't be long until we are all complaining that it's too hot and we won't want to be eating HOT stew for dinner. 


I cooked enough for left-overs which worked out perfect because we had a baseball game and once again it was cold, windy, and rainy. It didn't start to rain until the 7th inning so we didn't get too wet. So the stew was perfect after the game. Our team won so that means we have our first playoff game Thursday night. And today was another cold, rainy, and windy day. I guess we should enjoy the cooler weather while we can because it's going to 100 degrees real soon.


Beef Stew


1 big container of tomato juice { I use the low sodium Campbell's }
1-2 packages of stew meat { that's what it's called at my local grocery store }
4-5 potatoes
1 onion
1 bell pepper
celery
carrots
salt and pepper to taste




I usually cut up the meat into smaller pieces. Boil meat. Chop everything else up {small or big depends on how you like it} combine everything into a big pot and add some of the water you used to boil the meat in { I never measure it maybe like 2 -3 cups } Bring to boil, cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours or so or until potatoes and carrots are tender.


Sunday Stew.....I like that....hmmmmmm..... Maybe I will make this a regular Sunday post..............
The Sunday Stew......well we will see about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much commenting, I love to hear from you all...it's always appreciated;)